Senior Portrait FAQs
Senior Portraits are meant to capture the REAL YOU at this major milestone as a young adult. We focus on bringing out your unique personality through images that you and your family will enjoy for years to come.
1. What options do I have for shooting my senior portraits? We have various session modules for you to choose from, with a variety of location options to reflect your individual personality. You design your photo shoot! Each module is about one hour in length. The more modules you reserve, the more photo options you will have and the less each session module costs. Also, the more modules you reserve, the more social media images you receive. Please call (218) 591-4689 for our brochure to get a complete list of the many session module choices and pricing.
2. When do I pay for my session modules and what does this cover? One half of your total payment is needed at the time of booking to hold your appointment. The second half of your total payment is due at the time of your photo session. Just call us at (218) 591-4689 to schedule your date.
3. Do you offer consultations before the photo date? Yes. When you call to reserve your session date, we will also schedule a consultation to discuss your photography ahead of time and answer questions. This consultation is offered free of charge. We have found this helps you and the photographer plan and know what to expect, resulting in more quality photos. At least one parent must accompany the senior to this consultation.
4. What if I need to reschedule my session? We understand that unexpected events can happen. If you must reschedule, please call us as soon as possible ahead of time. Understand that rescheduling is then based on available open appointments. It is rare that weather cancels your photo session. We can usually work around it, doing indoor shots first if if is raining. Often, the best light is right before or after a storm!
5. When and how do we see the images? We offer online proofing for your convenience. Approximately 2 weeks after your photo date, you will receive an email with a secure link to our proofing website. Please notify family members who may want to order photos of this site’s address in order to view and make their choices. This site is for viewing only.
All photo orders are taken via email at: email@example.com. See #7 below.
6. What about my yearbook picture? Sending your photo choice for the yearbook to your school is handled by us and included in all options.
7. How do I order? After viewing your proofs, list the individual proof numbers found on each image that you want to order. List the sizes and quantities that you would like of each image. Then email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your order. We have found having your order in writing works best for all involved. Make sure to note which is your yearbook image.
8. How long will it take to get my order? Your photos will be ready for pickup approximately 4-6 weeks from when your order is placed. We are committed to quality and post-production takes time. Please allow us the time needed to provide you with the quality you expect from a custom photography studio.
9. What if I want to make a copy of an image? All images are copyrighted by Jack Rendulich Photography and protected by federal copyright laws. Duplication in part or whole (whether by scanning or reprinting) is strictly prohibited. If you would like to use an image for a graduation announcement, please contact us for a one-time permission-to-use release.